- Your first session will take longer than subsequent sessions, as it contains an approximate 30min consultation – allow up to two hours for your first session.
- In the consultation, I will briefly cover your medical history and any ongoing medical treatment. I will also ask questions about your physical, mental and emotional well-being, enabling me to choose the right essential oils for you.
- The consultation is based on the diagnostic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
What to Expect
- Aromatherapy is a hands-on-treatment so you will be required to undress. You will, however, be lying on a massage couch wrapped in towels/blankets. In fact the only body part that will be exposed is the one that I am working on.
- Be aware that Aromatherapy massage normally includes head and
scalp work and therefore your hair will get oily.
(Jojoba oil is particularly good for hair and scalp)
- During your massage I will use hands, thumbs, knuckles and elbows to apply various massage techniques.
- Normally an hour’s treatment includes a full body massage but if you only want your feet or head massaged for a full hour, I am more than happy to do that!
- To emphasize your bespoke treatment and to prolong that general sense of well-being, I will give you your own personal blend, in a product, to take home with you.
What to do before and after massage
- Book your massage on a day you don’t have a busy or hectic schedule. The positive effects of an aromatherapy massage will continue long after your treatment.
- It is advisable not to drink alcohol on the day of your appointment.
- Have a light meal a couple of hours before your appointment.
- Avoid any activity that requires too much exertion.
- Arrive aroma-free, don’t wear perfume or any scented beauty products that will interfere with the aroma of the essential oils.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and minimal jewellery as this will have to be removed for your treatment.
- If you have long hair, bring something to tie it up with.
*For Comvita, Golborne Place and Urban Bliss, please enquire directly with Clinic for current prices or seasonal offers.